Friday, February 15, 2008

Sisters.

One of the many reasons I love Ravelry are the groups. There is a Boulder group which has been amazing. I've been to coffee shops to knit with other people, I've met some great people and now, our groups is working on a project to lend a hand to Boulder's sister city of Dushanbe, Tajikistan.

Dushanbe is currently enduring one of the worst winters in 50 years. People don't have heat or running water. Babies are freezing to death in maternity wards.

Since we're knitters and knitters like to keep people warm and give, we're doing just that. We're knitting for them. We've had volunteers willing to share yarn and other supplies. We're still in the planning stages, but we're knitting for all ages.

I knit a pair of baby booties tonight in less than 2 hours. I'll probably make another pair today and maybe a hat or two. I have all this yarn Oma gave me and I am glad I get to share it like this.

I can't wait to see what we end up with. I'm sure it will be amazing. :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I have a pair of booties ready to donate and I am planning on making more things! Cynthia is in too, so just give us a deadline, or we can mail our stuff whenever! Those poor people :(