Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Hey!

My wake up call yesterday.  #nofilter #shinobi #shibainu

What are you doing? Trying to sleep? Not anymore!!

upload

I brought a pumpkin! I'm so nice I brought 2 toys to wake you up with! 

~~~~~~~~

My puppy is insane, but really cute.

I had one hell of a migraine yesterday. Everything hurt. I was just restless and uncomfortable all day yesterday. Finally around 8, it seemed to break a bit. I took advantage of feeling better by doing the dishes (including the 3 cast iron skillets), scrubbed out the sink, wiped the countertops, and then scrubbed the hood of the stove. It was gross!

I kept trying to knit or get online to get a few things done, but it was not one of those evenings. I think I maybe knit 3 rows of a handtowel and each time I sat down in front of the computer, that awful pressure would start up again behind my left eye.

I finished a wonderful book last night, The Song Of Achilles. Very good book! I've been in kind of a reading slump after getting through a bunch of books right at the beginning of the year. I'm hoping I can knock some of these half-read books off my list soon. I have quite a few books/series I want to re-read this summer, so I'm trying to get some of my wishlist taken care of before then.

I'm doing a bit of an upgrade/refitting of my Central Park Hoodie. I was about 50 lbs heavier when I knit it, so it's pretty large on me right now. I'm going to felt it slightly after I knit the pockets for it. I put in a fake seam across the neck with a simple crochet line. It had a really bad habit of slouching off my shoulders since the back and hood were knit in one piece, but the shoulders can't take all the weight of the hood, so it just spreads like a slug across your back. It never really looked that nice on except as a very bulky outer layer. The "seam" helps put some stability in it. I'm debating moving the buttons over about an inch. I sewed them on close to the edge because I liked the way it looked... but it leaves a gap where wind flies right in... I'm still not sure if I want to move them. I may read through my notes on the sweater to see if there was another reason I placed them where I did. Either way, I'll debate and decide it while I'm knitting the pockets.




No comments: