I tried getting some photos to demonstrate the sheer ugliness that was the sleeves, but dark yarn and my increasingly evil camera could not agree and make a photo for me.
My YOs on the entire body of sweater had been freakishly tiny. Still confused about that one, but since it was done and I'm not doing it again, screw it. I think I purled them through the wrong side. That's my guess.
So I tried and tried and tried to get the sleeves to match and there was no success. I went down a needle size (in-the-round), switched to flat knitting, changed needle sizes a few times too, and nothing worked. In a fit of rage, I threw the sweater and it's mess of a ball of yarn across the room and yelled something vaguely like words.
Finally, at knitting this past Tuesday, I said screw it and decided I was going to have garter stitch sleeves. Which would have been WAY easier had the stupid pattern not called for 4 random rows of lace before splitting for the sleeves. I had issues with this random lace repeat as I was doing it. It just seemed... wrong somehow. Maybe I was having a psychic moment.
After a lot of hassle and picking up stitches (the first row was a real bitch), I got it all sorted out and now I have about 3/4 of a 3/4 length sleeve on one side. I'm hoping to get a lot of work done on it today. I didn't touch it after Tuesday until very late Friday because I had a lot of studying this week. Yay, midterms!