I finished a hat yesterday. It's been a while since I've finished anything except a dishcloth...
It's the Sideways Grande Cloche from Boutique Knits. It's very cute in the photo, however, I'm not a big fan of it now that I've knit it. It's WAY too big for me and the twisted bit will not stay twisted so much as slumped. I blocked it out last night in the hopes that the ribbing will bunch up a bit more but I don't think that really helped honestly. The yarn is a recycled angora/nylon/whatever else was thrown in there blend. But just enough angora to make me sneeze endlessly as I knit it.
I did a 3-needle bind off to join the body together, and again for the pieces that made up the twist. There are odd bits that sort of stick out at the bottom from the joins, but since the hat is so frakkin' long, I'll end up folding it up and covering that. I think if the hat actually fit correctly in length, I might take the twist out and redo it in one piece (as a cable or braid), but since it's so large, I'm not going to bother.
I think I'll make another one of these, but with about 9 less stitches for the body and a cable.