Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tour de Finishing

I know the Tour de Fleece is going on right now, but while I have some fleece to spin, I need to finish some other stuff up instead.

I have been crocheting edges on all of Grandpa's blanket squares. They're looking very nice and I think it's going to be the perfect size. I have one strip (5 squares) completely edged and sewn together and about 8 more edged and ready to be sewn together. I'm holding off on sewing them together until I finish all my edging so I can get the blocks lined up in a good way. After I get them all sewn up, I'm going to crochet an edge all around the whole blanket to make a nice neat finish.

I have a History midterm to take before Saturday as well... and a paper to write and a few books to read for class, so I'm working alternately on school stuff and the blanket. It's going to be a busy week!

june 30

A photo of my life now... reading and crocheting!

No comments: