Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Everybody's working.

I started a new job a few days ago. I'm working from home, which is nice considering my gimpy-ness, but a challenge on many levels:

A.) I've been on "vacation" for the last 3 months
2.) I'm working from home. The yarn lives here. The man lives here. The dog lives here. The bedroom does not make the best office in the world.
III.) My computer apparently hates being used for anything other than knit-blog reading, photo editing and podcasts. It's constantly breaking and making me want to smash it.
d.) I'm working from home. It's difficult. A lot more difficult than people think. I'm sure I'll figure out how to balance everything soon. (There are clean dishes in the dishwasher and dirty ones that need to go in. I've been thinking about this all day. Also the floors need a good vacuuming. I can't really vacuum right now anyways, the back and forth walking is hard.)

My hands are still a bit sore. This might be due to a lot more typing than usual, but I've been trying to refrain from knitting. It's hard to do when I'm on a bender. Sometimes, I go for days and days without knitting without even thinking about. Now I can't stop thinking about it if I'm sitting in front of the TV.

So I knit up a quick 1x1 fringey scarf on 15s from some giant skeins of stash yarn. Pink and pink! Fun. It came out well and looks nice. I think I'll probably end up starting another one tonight. Once my hands feel better, I'm planning some matching hats and scarves. I have a lot of yarn to get through.

Speaking of having a lot of yarn to get through -- I think I'm going to have to sit down and learn how to crochet properly. I have a lot of little balls of yarn floating around and I'd like to make some useful things out of those. Also, I'd be interested in doing some charity knitting. I need to do some research to find out what's in Denver and the areas around here.

1 comment:

Clumsy Ninja said...

Good luck getting into the swing of working form home!