Monday, January 07, 2008

Catching Up.

We got back from Ohio last night. Whew! The visit was fun, I enjoyed myself -- the drive back was sucktastic. We had waaaaay too much stuff in the car and I didn't have a whole lot of room to stretch out my leg.

I saw my doctor in Columbus while we were there. He's a great doctor. He confirmed that I do need surgery, but sent me for an MRI to check that there are no other issues going on. I finally got the results Friday (a week after the MRI) and was told that there are no tears but my meniscus is deteriorating badly. Now I just have to wait... my doctor is in New Orleans with the Buckeyes (he's a team doctor) and won't be back for a bit. Then I have to arrange everything so I can fly there, have surgery, recover a bit, then fly back home.

Let's see --- CHRISTMAS and my BIRTHDAY were good. I got lots of goodies. Piles and piles of great books, including a nice collection of Edward Gorey from Vince and a stack of new and not-yet released books from Julie (Vince's sister) and my very own copy of Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. The Planet Earth DVD set. A new camera. (Thank goodness! My old one was dying a quick death.) Lots of makeup and bath goodies. A purse, some cute t-shirts, a few really nice sweaters - including a cashmere one from Vince that I want to wear everyday. A copy of Brain Age 2 for the DS. I got a gift certificate from Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins and piles and piles of yarn from Oma. So much yarn. I am trying to figure out where to put it all!

I got lots of great stuff and I hope everyone I gave gifts to enjoyed theirs as much as I enjoyed mine!

I'm off to try to figure out how to use my new camera and try to take photos of things I knit over the break. I should have more tomorrow.

Oh and the most important thing of all GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

OSU

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow you got a lot of nifty gifties!!!!!! I am glad you finally have your own copy of LMKG :-) And don't you love the planet earth series??? I got that for xmas too!!!!!

Good to have you back in blogland :) Hope you get the camera figured out soon!