I completed the "tank top" from Erika Knight's Classic Knits last night. I finished knitting it Sunday night, but didn't get all the finishing done. I like it... I don't like that the front increases and decreases don't match.
And the directions for the back were stupid...IGNORE them. Just cast off in a straight line. The directions leave you with a weird back that has too many ends to weave in and an ugly cast off edge that is difficult to finish. If I were to make this again, I'd do it without those bizarre directions.
Overall, I like it though... well one more thing I don't like --- the "V" is way too deep. I would prefer it about 2 inches higher. I don't think this pattern was designed for, uh, "busty" ladies. The "V" looks like a really low scoop on me. I made it a size larger than I would usually need to accommodate my bust, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.
It's warm though, and the color is great. I love red, but I don't have a lot of red clothing, so this is a nice addition to my wardrobe.
All the details are on Ravelry. Yay!! I'll take some photos of it soon. I took one blurry one with my phone of the back (that's the photo on flickr and ravelry) and I took one to text to Lauren, but I need some real ones.
In other news, I finally sold my first thing on Etsy! Woo! I'm very excited. I've knit a few hats in the last few weeks and I need to get them photographed and listed too. I really enjoy knitting for my own little shop.