Friday, February 16, 2007

Me.

After going to a few doctors I found one that seems helpful. He says I have Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome or POTS. Basically, I have the opposite of high blood pressure and it's making my life miserable. I'm almost constantly dizzy. My face will get all tingly like it would after crying for a really long time. I've fainted a few times and driving is impossible. I can hardly even ride in a car without feeling like I'm spinning. I'm constantly exhausted and can't even make it through a shower without sitting down. I'm on short term disability from work at the moment, but I'm worried. I don't know how long this is going to last and I'm just freaked out. I'm okay if I sit down for most of the day, but I can hardly make it down the stairs to get my mail.

I don't know what to do. I feel so alone here and I'm worried about everything. I'm trying to keep my head up and stay cheerful but it's just so hard right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about POTS - I can't imagine what that's like. I wish I had more to offer than semi-empty words but I just wanted you to know that I was thinking happy thoughts for you.