Friday, February 16, 2007

Grace

1596912510.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_

I finished this today.

It took me a while to read. I think it's something about Susanna Clarke's style of writing. It's very, well, I don't really know how to describe it. I thought I'd give this one a try because I'm having such a difficult time getting through Jonathon Strange and Mr Norrel. I thought it was the size of the book, or my sickness, or me just being dumb for a while or something, but it really is impossible to read. I will read it for hours and only make it through 15 pages. That's not me. I can read a 200 page book in a day, especially when I'm home all day.

Both are written in almost the same style, so I know I'll make it through JS & MN, but it will take a long, long time.

I do highly recommend this book though. It's a great collection of short stories. It's a good introduction to her style. The book itself is very attractive too. I love the cover art and the illustrations inside are quite nice too.


ETA: I'm trying to read a book each week this year. So far I've been documenting them solely on my Vox Blog, but I wanted to add them here too since I've found so many great books through knitters.

No comments: