Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Super.


I started the new job today. I got the call yesterday that they needed me to start right away which was awesome. I was really dreading having to wait so long, I was going to be poor beyond belief. Not like I'm not poor beyond belief right now... I really enjoyed my day actually. Very little stress.

It was kind of like going to school after having done all the summer reading. Because we all know that no one ever really does the summer reading. We all try, but it never ends up happening. You start off the summer with a plan and then suddenly it's a week before AP English and you've read one of the 15 books and then spend the next week in a caffeine induced rush trying to figure out what the Hemingway is talking about after you've just read Wuthering Heights for the 5th time. Sorry... Brief high school flashback.

Anyway, it was a great day. It was relief to go in knowing so much about the product and network and so on. I can't imagine going in and not knowing how the equipment works or what the hell all the equipment is. I even partially know one of the computer programs. It just makes everything so much easier. I would have felt completely overwhelmed going in there without that knowledge. There is always so much information to gather in the first few weeks of a new job. This is very different situation. I know there are a lot of things that I know about that the other employees don't because I worked on the other side of the operation for so long. *

*It's really hard to try to make this post make sense without just coming out and saying exactly what I'm doing. But there has to be a little mystery doesn't there? Otherwise people will expect blogs to have a running count of how many times you've sneezed that day.


Oops. Got distracted by DVD burner and new widgets. And now it's 2am and I need to get to sleep.

No comments: