Thursday, April 27, 2006

Grafting Queen, feel the beat of the tambourine!

I just grafted my first thing ever!! I dug out Vogue Knitting and gave it a try. I used the double needle and crochet method. It was so easy! At first I thought I must be doing something wrong, it went so well. I don't have enough of the yarn to make an entire pillow so I dug up some nice soft beige yarn to use for the opposite side. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do it all in stockinette or do half stockinette and have reverse stockinette like the completed piece.

I used Katia Danubio, color 2901. I like the yarn, but it breaks really easily. About 5 stitches in, I remembered why I shoved the yarn in a box in the first place. I think it's going to get more and more fuzzy as I cuddle with it on the couch too.

No comments: