Sunday, January 23, 2011


I finished my Cabled Rangoli Hat tonight. It's very nice and I'm glad I made the adjustments I made. It's my second hat for the 11 hats in 2011 challenge.

January 24, 2011 - Cable Rangoli Hat (3)

Mods & Notes:

- Added 6 rows to ribbing.

- I have no clue how to do a m2. I’ve looked it up in my books, via google, and here on Ravelry with not much luck. This was the best I found: m2=m1 & opposite of KFB (B then F).

- Oops. Forgot the bobbles the first go around. I might omit the second set

- Omitted second set of bobbles as well. I’m not really a bobble gal.

- I really don’t like the decreases for the crown in the cable. They show up
and look a bit sloppy. If I were to make this again, I’d do purl decreases along the edges of the cables.

January 24, 2011 - Cable Rangoli Hat (2)

My two skeins of WotA Kettle Dyed were COMPLETELY different looking as they were knit up. In the balls, they looked the same & they have the same dye lot. Had I not purchased these so long ago, I would have asked for an exchange or something. Once it was all knitted up, the line wasn't AS noticeable as I originally thought, but I can still tell.

No comments: