I keep getting these really loose stitches from where I switch from knit to purl. I tried finding a solution online with no real luck. Purling through the back loop didn't work. The only thing that seems to be helping at all is pulling my working yarn really tight when I swap over and purl the first two stitches (purl, then tug, purl, then tug). It's better, but still not great.
This photo is from a few days ago... I'm into the armholes now and should be able to get the back done tonight and cast on the fronts. Those should go pretty quickly. I'm glad I went with a US 9 (5.5 mm) needle. It gives the yarn some room to move.