Saturday, September 26, 2009

Unfurling


I just moved. It's closer school, which is nice. It's big change and adjustment.

I'm completely overwhelmed by the amount of yarn I have. I gave away so much over the summer, yet I still have 4 large storage bins full (not to mention the overflow into random areas). I'm making good progress getting through the cotton stash. I'm trying to make a decent amount of stock for etsy.

Today I stuck my hand in the top of one of my storage bins (you can just see the corner of it in the photo), and grabbed the first thing in there. It was some fake mohair stuff that's been lurking in the stash for a while. It pills like crazy. (I knit a hat for Vince using that along with a strand of icky green acrylic and it looks insane now.) I hope that blending it with two other oddly fuzzy yarns will make it a little less crazy looking after a few wearings. I am knitting a chunky little hat out of a strand of peach, pale grey, and the original tan fake mohair. I knit about half of it earlier today, but it turned out waaaaay to big for my head. I ripped it out and started again. I'm almost done with it. I'm not sure how I feel about it for me. It might go into a charity box.

No comments: