Friday, March 27, 2009

Orchid

So as you might have heard, we had a bit of snow in Colorado yesterday.

Just a little snow

March 26 - Blizzard!
(There's my Thorpe in action!)

Bug in the snow

Since this week is (was) Spring Break, being snowed in for 2 days wasn't really a big deal. I put on my snow boots this afternoon to go by the post office, gas station(for the important stuff: Diet Coke, Lays, and some chocolate) and the liquor store for some Anchor Steam beer. It was super sunny today and the snow is melting fast. We really needed some moisture around here, so I'm glad it snowed so much.

I finished up a scarf I was working on for the store last night. Nothing exciting, simple and pretty. Once it finishes drying, I'll get some photos. I am done with the body of the Cobblestone. It looks good. I need some time to concentrate to get the yoke started, so it's sort of hanging out right now. My red cardigan has been getting a row here and there. I think it's going to be gorgeous when it's done!

A friend from my knitting group knit this wonderful lace scarf out of some Malabrigo Worsted and I loved it so much that I ordered the yarn for it right away. I ended up getting Chunky because I found a color I was in love with.



I cast on late, late, late last night and knit about 8 rows. It's going to be gorgeous.

Orchid Scarf

Orchid Scarf Orchid Scarf

No comments: