Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cobblestone

I am not great with Valentine's Day. I love giving and receiving gifts, but all the jewelry ads leading up to the actual day annoy the crap out of me. The roses piss me off too. I adore roses, I love them, I cannot wait until I live somewhere where I can grow them --- But, please for the love of everything that is good, DO NOT PUT ROSES IN A GIANT FRIDGE. It kills the scent and the color. It makes me crazy.

I was sort of at a loss at what to get for Vince. We watch a lot of television and movies, but we have a ton of stuff that we got for Christmas that are still in their packages. We play a lot of video games, but have plenty of games. I was going to just go to Target and wander about until something jumped out, but then I remembered when I woke up last Saturday that he liked the Cobblestone Pullover.

Flatirons
(Take just before we walked into the store.)

We went over to Shuttles, Spindles and Skeins Sunday afternoon so he could pick out the yarn. I had Cascade 220 Tweed in mind already. The pattern calls for a tweed yarn and I'm a sucker for tweed. I've stared at the 220 and 109 Tweed a lot. We looked around a lot and found a few things we liked. There was some nice Dale of Norway Harlequin, but I wasn't crazy about the colors and the tweed itself. Plus, you can't beat the Cascade for yardage, quality and price.

Cascade Tweed - Olive

Yum. It's a really lovely dark olive color. In some light it looks chocolate brown. I am really enjoying knitting it. I finished the first skein last night and started on the second. It's about 7 inches long and should move along quickly.



I finished my Scrunchable Scarf pretty quickly. The Malabrigo is to die for. I ordered 2 more skeins of the Chunky and 2 skeins of laceweight.* I keep buying laceweight yarn, so I had better start knitting some things out of it! I figure that some sort of laceweight project will be good for my trip to Ireland.

I untangled one of the hanks of laceweight. It's this gorgeous deep blue called Marine. I found a great pattern for it and very slowly cast on my first row last night. It's the Leaf Lace Scarf. There is actually one knit in my color which was the clincher for me. It just looked so nice!



*I'll take photos of them tomorrow. It's been sort of overcast this weekend.

No comments: