Saturday, October 11, 2008

Never knitting.

Ugh. I've been swamped with work and school. This has left very little time for things I like such as knitting, watching TV and playing video games. We got Viva Pinata: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark from GameFly yesterday. I played for a little while this morning. It's amusing, but not was much fun as I remembered it being.

I got my new iPod yesterday.I got the red 16gb one. Woo! I've had my old one since 2004 and it was starting to fight with me a lot. Most days it would do this thing where it would only play when plugged into the computer, so I was taking my laptop to work everyday to listen to music. That was getting old really fast. Of course, this week it started working a little bit better, but still not reliably enough for me to stop carrying my laptop around everyday.

I'm totally in love with the new one. It's so lovely and tiny. It looks so small compared to the pink one (a 6 gb mini). I'm fascinated by the color screen and the shake to shuffle feature. That side-tilt dealie is pretty neato too. I was adding videos and podcasts and Genius playlists to it all evening. I now have a lot of red gadgets. Red Chocolate phone, red laptop, red iPod. I like red.

I got my yarn order from Webs and the yarn is lovely, but I'm a big dummy and read the pattern wrong and had to order 10 more skeins. THANK GOODNESS THEY STILL HAD IT! It was the only colorway of that yarn they had left. I can only hope it's the same dye lot. I emailed them to ask about it, but I haven't received a reply yet. I'm going to try to cast on for the back of the sweater today... but may not. I need to finish Vince's scarf since it's cold. He also wants a pair of fingerless gloves with the little half finger things. If I really put my mind to it, I could probably finish those this weekend.

I am done with two of my three midterms. I got a 98/100 on my Math midterm. I just took my History one on Thursday which was a massive mess. I thought I had until 8pm to take the midterm, but really only had an hour from 6 to 7. I was furious. I emailed my professor about it, but apparently it's all my fault and there is nothing that can be done about it. This is not helping my already high annoyance with having to take American history in the first place. I don't find American history all that interesting. I took it in 8th grade and again in 11th grade. There just isn't that much to cover. I'd like to learn more about some of the less popular people from that time. How many times can I read about George Washington at Valley Forge?

I have one more midterm that is due tomorrow. It's two two-page essays for my Humanities course. I don't really forsee having any troubles with those. I really wish the History class had had an essay midterm that we could work on outside of a testing room. I cannot write under circumstances like that. Well, I can, but not in a normal way. It was also tough writing it in a tiny text box with no spell check or formatting... and a mouse that kept sticking. It was just not a pleasant experience.

We're watching the Ohio State game. I'm glad they are actually playing it here. A lot of times we get West Coast games instead. I'm going to run off and trying to find a fingerless glove pattern.

No comments: