Sunday, May 07, 2006

Things

I think my neighbors are building an ark. Either that or they're finishing their privacy fence, but I prefer the idea of an ark. When I was living in Ohio, there was a house up on this hill near my best friend's house. It was sort of an old crumbling Victorian house. I'm sure at some point it was beautiful, but no one was really taking care of it. The strangest thing about the house was this HUGE boat in the yard. A huge wooden boat, not sleek and shiny like any boat built after the invention of gasoline. This thing was old and strange. It sort of became a running joke to talk about "The Ark" every time we drove past this house. It would be the perfect location for an ark too, it's on a hill overlooking a valley. As soon as the valley fills up with water, the ark could just float away. LOL

I'm trying to figure out a way to knit a Super Mario Bros. Question Block. I want to do a block that opens so you can pull out a fire flower, coin, a mushroom and a one-up mushroom. I don't think it will be too difficult to chart them since it based on something that has always been pixelated. I think doing a scarf with alternating blocks like the ones above would be very cool too. I know my brother would go dumb over it. I'm assuming that the block would need to be felted in order to work. The treats on the inside are all one-dimensional, so those shouldn't be too difficult. I'm off to swatch and see what I can come up with.

No comments: