Friday, May 05, 2006

More cowbell!*

Progress! Finally! It's a miracle. Seriously.

Turns out that I did have the correct number of stitches on my needles. And today after months of toil and trial and hardcore f-ups, I have finally reached the straight rows on clapotis. (I have a photo, but I'm not at home so I can't upload and crop and so on. I'll post it later tonight.)

I'll stop a moment here while the applause dies down.

In other life altering news: I finally made some money today at work. I work solely on commissions, so while it's nice to have the free time to knit and read TWoP and Vogue non-stop... It's not so good for the bank account. Which is hovering at around $15 right now. I think before today I was actually in the hole with just the drive to work. LOL. Things should pick up a lot in the next few weeks as people finally realise that the store is here. Once the new store gets some signage up, we should be very, very busy.

*Sorry about the title. I just heard "Don't Fear the Reaper" on the radio and then about 10 minutes later read a reference to it in a Veronica Mars recap on Television Without Pity.

No comments: