Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Noro, noro, noro

My mom and stepfather went to London and Amsterdam a few weeks ago. My mom brought back a small treasure-trove of yarn for me from John Lewis. I was so excited when I saw the bag I almost knocked her over with the force of my hug. I might be a little crazy. She brought about 10 or 11 balls back. All kinds of different colors and fibers. All good stuff. I can't remember what all of it was, but I got to pick out two balls for now. I get all the rest at Christmas, if I can wait that long!!

I decided to pick out two of single balls. More bang for my buck or something. I picked a skein of Noro Silk Garden in color 217. It's beautiful. She got another ball of Noro, but I can't remember what kind. The colorways are very similar, I had actually picked out both the balls of Noro thinking that they were the same until I looked at the labels.
I also picked out a ball of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK in 26004. I love this yarn! It's so very soft!
I'm trying to figure out what to do with these. I've been digging through all my books trying to find something that fits, but nothing yet. Maybe the muses that Brenda Dayne talked about in her last show will find me.

No comments: