Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sometimes I forget that I live at the beach...




I went to Wrightsville Beach the other day after my "interview" at South Beach. I only live about 5 miles from the beach. Yes, 5 miles. I can almost smell the ocean most days. I can see the end of the country when driving down the road. I hadn't been to the beach since early October. (Actually, the right after my first date with Doug. We went down to the beach and watched the boats roar around for a little while.) How sad is that!!? Most people go crazy over the beach. People come here every summer and spend a bazillion dollars to rent houses and I just drive past it everyday. When I first moved here, I thought I would be at the beach constantly. Maybe the thrill sort of wore off because I worked at the beach the first summer I was here.

My hair is soaking wet and I'm starting to get cold now. Time for some blow dryer action. Then off to the couch for some clapotis knitting and DVR watching.

No comments: