Friday, February 10, 2006

8

I cast on for clapotis tonight. It took a while to get the stitches down but I think I got it. Well, make that, I thought that I had gotten it... Until I hit the end of row 14 where I was supposed to have 17 stitches on my needles. I somehow ended up with 25. How did I add 8 stitches?

I'm going to frog tomorrow night and try again. The good thing is -- I'm really enjoying the yarn, the colors are so pretty. Especially considering I didn't really like the yarn all that much until I started knitting it up. And I also got all the yarn for $2. Yes, 8 balls of yarn for $2. Thank you Target. (It's acrylic, but I'm not one of those people who really gives a crap about acrylic yarns. Some are bad, some are ok and some a very nice. This one falls in between the last two options. To me yarn is like chocolate. I may not be crazy about dark chocolate and there are even some days when I may turn it down, but generally speaking, I'll take it and enjoy it later. Acrylic is my dark chocolate.)

I'm off to bed now. I'm been ready to collapse since about 8.30. I stayed awake to watch Arrested Development and part of the Olympic dealie. Speaking of which -- Yoko Ono scares me. Why, if she has lived in the United States for so long, does she not speak better English?

No comments: