Monday, January 30, 2006

Very much at risk.


How do you build a great blog?

Is it a ton of photos, is it a ton of words, is it any one thing in particular?

I've been blog-trolling for the past hour or so. I found a few new great ones and a few old faves that were lost from my bookmarks when Firefox crashed on me a few weeks ago. I've sort of played it safe in the past as far as blogging goes.

I kept a "real" journal for years. I even tried doing both at the same time: paper and internet. Not a good idea. First of all, it takes FOREVER and I felt like I was repeating myself -- to myself. An odd sensation. I now have a stack of journals in a drawer next to my bed. Sometimes I flip through to see what I was obsessing over that day, week, or year, but mostly I just see them as these things that I now have to keep around. I can't throw them away. Maybe I'll randomly post bits of these journals to mortify myself and amuse everyone else.

Now I am all internet based. I like being able to share all the craziness running out of my brain. But where do you draw the line? Do I care if people know the names of the significant people in my life? I really don't, but some people do. (Personally, I hate when people refer to people as DH or DD or whatever else they can think of...) Blah, blah, blah.

I'm going to try to make this blog mine now. I have been posting almost every post I make on this journal into LiveJournal, but I don't really like doing that. I feel that people should make an effort to read my journal, not just have it pop up on their flist, but I do enjoy the comments from them. What can I say LJ turned me into a comment whore. I love them. I think we all secretly do. It shows us that someone took the time to care about our nonsense.

No comments: